CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Kicked out of "GROUP"



Every Thursday at Spartanburg Regional there is a mom and baby luncheon. This is a picture from Halloween. Aren't they all so cute! I have been attending since before Cooper was born. I have grown so close to all the moms and babies there. It was so much fun. As a SAHM you look forward to outings and this one was even better because all the moms and babies were going through the same things we were.




Today I found out we were no longer welcome. Not because of our behavior or anything. Debbie, the Lactation Consultant, said she had to put a cut off age for the group. The babies have to be between 2 weeks and 5 months to attend. This was a sad day for me. Debbie said it was because the babies that are new don't have their immune systems built up like our older babies do...and if there is a bug brought in and a new baby catches it...it can be really bad. RSV has been bad this year and we don't want to share germs!




So now all the older moms and babies are going to start their own pay group. We have crawlers and almost crawlers...it will be great. I am looking forward to our new time together. It should be more fun. We can go on trips to the swim center's indoor heated pool, the park when it warms up, library story time, or just go hang out for lunch at a mommies house. My Cooper is almost 8 months old. It breaks my heart to think about how big he has gotten. It also hurts to think I am about to plan a 1-year Birthday Party!!!

No comments: